Friday, February 5, 2010

Are you calling it a life or what in life is calling you?

"Listen, are you breathing just a little and calling it a life?
Mary Oliver

What in life is calling you?

My friend Lynn reminded me everytime we have made a heart-felt commitment, things have fallen in place. Last year she committed to being with her very ill mother and even in a recession, work fell in place that supported her decision. When Tom and I decided to build this house, we planned to tear the old shack down before we knew how we would pay for a new one. A client called and asked if I would mind quadrupling the work for the next year. I had visions of doors and windows delightedly dancing in my head.

So the question is are there some ways I am living small... too afraid to respond to the call? This past year, it was having the courage to put my voice out into the world. Still a struggle (with the little, who do you think you are voice) and I am grateful for my progress. What is calling me now is creativity? Not just playing in that realm, but having the courage to share what I create. So watch for some little myths to pop out into the world this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment