Tuesday, July 10, 2012

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." -Anaïs Nin
In response to last week's question of the week - What is the risk to blossom? I received the following reflection from Joanne (aka Chuckie) Books: Subject line on the email read: Boy do I know risk. Can’t sleep. Now your reflection Q is waking me up even more! Heres my first thought - Risk is turning yourself inside out - because the tightness is not longer bearable. The risk to blossom can be HUGE and painful for a what seems like a very long time - but there is a blossom. And, when you feel the leaves moving outward towards the sun, you feel with all your senses, alive. But while you are blossoming, there are polarities - in one single moment you feel sadness and grieving and joy and hope. Life is full of many hues and tones - it’s not black and white. I am painting my living room grey.

No comments:

Post a Comment