Monday, December 14, 2009

question of the week -- Dec 13

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it." ~Pablo Picasso

What do I need to learn how to do?

For a long time I wouldn't do something unless I was good at it. A serious impediment to learning. Somehow, I had a message in my head that if I was less than great, if I tried something and failed, I was a failure. So over the years I stopped playing tennis, drawing or learning guitar. I have unfinished articles and myths stacked in my digital files because a sophmore year writing teacher assured me I had no talent for writing. Now I am tired of that story. Why not let my flawed, not so great self show a bit more? Life will be more fun and I can learn a lot more that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment