Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Joyfully participating

“Participate joyfully in the sorrows of the world. We cannot cure the world of sorrows, but we can choose to live in joy.”
Jos Campbell

It is tricky for me to see that I have a choice. Especially when I am tired, distracted and overwhelmed. And because of my unconscious choices, I am often tired, distracted and overwhelmed. My daily practices are critical for me -- whether it is meditation, journaling, walking or writing. I need something to help me slow down to see the different paths... To make the joyful choices.

Holidays are the worst for slowing down. I have years of conditioning -- this is the time of running around. If there is spare time, my reflex is to bake 8 doz cookies or make my cards from scratch. So this is the time I have to increase my practices to meet the tsunami of activity. Then I can joyfully participate in the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment