Friday, March 5, 2010

What might I become?

"It is never too late to become what you might have been." ~George Eliot

It is not to late to become...?

Last week's question evoked several responses from recipients -- it is a provocative question. It has moved me to reflect as well. What path have I denied? Where have I lived small or chosen safety over passion? What path did I avoid because I did not know if I could do it well enough?

I do want to celebrate the choices I have made. Choosing a wonderful guy with whom I am continually growing. Moving to the edge of the world so I can breath clean air and hear my heart. Doing work I feel privileged to do. Living with the support of family, friends and my community.

So what is it that I have yet to become? A few things come to mind. Be more present and be more courageous. I love when I remeber to be open-heartedly present. In the moment, not working the next agenda. I have tasted those sweet moments
-- when I look at the star-cluttered sky late at night when I take Hannah outside
-- when I remember to inhale
-- when I remember now is all there is

Courage to share my creative side has been a hard road. Tom is the artist. My sister is the artist. My college roommate is the artist. And yet I know feel most alive when I allow myself to create. Not just create but to share it. I experiemented with that last year doing skits with speeches. Now I am ready to share some of the little ditties I have written. Are they stupid? Will anyone relate? Is my loving them enough? Yes. Here they come...

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your courage to share even as you first pierce through those threatening questions. I look forward to those ditties, whatever they are.

    ReplyDelete